Harrietville is a popular destination for young families who are keen to venture out into the great outdoors.
Popular family friendly activities include trying your luck at hooking a fish or two, or when the weather warms up picking your own blueberries, wandering though the fragrant fields of the local lavender farm, or taking a dip in the local swimming holes. There are also shorter walking tracks around the village, the perfect distance for a pair of little legs. There are also a great range of cafés and hotels to fill those empty tummies and to rest those tired legs.
While you're out and about...
- Grab a homemade ice cream from Morrie's
- Located less than 30km from Harrietville Wandiligong Maze & Cafe is Australia's largest living hedge maze
- Hand feed of cuddle the animals at Red Stag Deer and Emu Farm just outside of Bright.
- Tavare Park has all the facililites for a fun family day out including play equipment, BBQ and gazebo.
- The Mountain Bike Park is located down Camping Park Road near the oval. You'll be sure to find a trail to suit every level and capability.
- Drop a line in at the Harrretville Trout Farm.