Harrietville is a popular destination for young families who are keen to venture out into the great outdoors.
Harrietville family fun...
- Drop a line in at the Harrietville Trout Farm.
- Float down the river on a lilo
- From mid-December to April you can pick your own blueberries
- Wander through the lavender farm followed by scones and jam.
- Tavare Park has all the facilities for a fun family day out including play equipment, BBQ and gazebo.
- Swim, kayak or fish at the Dredge Hole
- Ride the shared trail from Harrietville to the Trout Farm, a nice distance of 5km one way.
Not far from Harrietville...
- Hand feed of cuddle the animals at Red Stag Deer and Emu Farm just outside of Bright.
- Three Mountain Bike Parks, Mystic in Bright, Dinner Plain Park and Big Hill in Mount Beauty. All parks have a good selection of trails.
- Murray to Mountain Rail Trail travels from Bright to Wangaratta, 83km of sealed shared trail safe for children to ride. Don't be scared by the length, there is lots of shorter options that suit even the smallest of riders.